Apr 27, 2002, 4:37 PM
Post #1 of 4
What is the best , most secure way to stop someone from doing something more than 1 time.
I am making an affiliates program and want to stop people from cheating.
I have so far..
- Set a Cookie - But cookies can be deleted.
- Logged their IP Address. - But IP addys can be changed.
- Stored their email address. - But we all have 100 emails dont we...
- I have set up something that detects hot many clicks came from that domain.. and if it equals a certain amount the user is flaged and will be reviewed.
- While they join the program they see a randomly generated Image and have to type what they see into a box, and if there word equals the word on the image.. they can join... (this is to help me stop bots)
But i want to make it Super Secure and not have to worry about cheaters.
So what is the best way i can stop bots, and the same Computer from ever getting to do a specific task more than 1 time ?
Hope you can help,
(This post was edited by PerlJam on Apr 27, 2002, 4:38 PM)