Oct 25, 2004, 6:03 PM
Post #1 of 3
Hi I'm new to Perl..
Recommend email form scripts
I'm looking for a script to send mail to admin, write to file option and send to user w/custom message if selected.
I've been looking over the links on this site to the scripts, and there are so many to wade through. The BNB is close but I'd need to change a few things..
At a glance, the limitations are the the autorespond. I'd only like to send copy to user if selected. Also insert desired fields, along w/the custom message. I have a few other requirements too..
So this is what I think I'd need:
0) send to designated admin email or multiples.
1) set up order of fields when form processed/mailed.
2) ability to enter subject for email (this is done w/a hidden field on the form yes).
3) if admin responds to email from form, ability to click reply and users email is auto entered.
4) process/send copy to users email if selected.
5) If 4 is selected, then check to see that email address is entered (don't need to validate, trusting user to enter correctly).
6) select which fields are to be sent to user along w/custom message.
7) write form results to file option (along w/time, browser, referrer options).
8) redirect to pages:
A. page for general thank you (option to send copy to user not selected).
B. page for thank you, and display email address or other desired fields (when option to send to user is selected - via radio button).
A. If no email is entered and option is selected by user to send them a copy (4 above).
9) support checkbox and radio buttons (thought I saw somewhere this might be an issue.
10) prevent script access from other domains.
If there's anything I might need, would appreciate the suggestions.
Thanks very much