Apr 13, 2005, 8:24 AM
Post #1 of 3
Hi to all,
Need help on a PERL program
I am new to this forum. I am a QA analyst, learining PERL. I would like to get some help on a program. Suggestion and comments would be much appreciated. Thank you.
50 char * b, q, *r;
201 q = *b;
212 r= anotherfunction(b);
213-300 /* we want to use ‘q’ and ‘r’ here*/
2000 char * getbuf()
2002 char buff;
2003-2050 /* unspecified, buff defined here *./
2051 return (char *) buff;
1. What will be in variable ‘q’ after line 201 is executed? Under what conditions might this not be so?
2. Is there an alternative, but equivalent, way to write line 2000? If so, what is it?
3. Is getbuf() a reasonable function?
4. Will getbuf() execute at all?
5. Please comment on line 2051.
6. Is getbuf() good practice, and why?
7. What line not given should be provided for compilation?
8. How, exactly, could one get a second ‘char *’ to use back from this function? Be specific in terms of the exact syntax needed. (That is, provide code.) Another way to state this question is how can this function be modified to return a ‘char *’ (that is, it maintains the same return type) from the function, and an additional ‘char *’ value in one function call. Please make sure that your answer will work even if the size of the char * desired is not known in the outside calling function. Avoid (do not use) C++ syntax. Include statements in called and calling functions. Use good programming practice.