Jan 12, 2009, 2:56 AM
Post #1 of 2
Windows user -share permissions
I ran into this problem while trying to change the access permissions of a windows user for a share to readonly permissions using VBS script from Linux box.
1. I created one windows user equal to Administrator on domain contraoller
2. Mapped a NAS share to the windows domain controller machine
3. From Active Directory Users and Computers->Computers->linux machine->manage->share folders->share->properties->Share permissions
4. Add the above created user with full permissions
5. I created a VBS script to change the permissions of the above user to readonly
6. I am running this script from a Linux box
7. My Windows domain controller has cygwin installed
8. After I run the VBS script, I see that the permissions are changed to readonly, but the username is displayed as "S-1-5-21....."
Can someone help me out with this. As the username displayed is "S-1-5-21....." when I try to mount the share with the above created user in step2, it fails.