Sep 27, 2010, 8:57 PM
Post #1 of 1
Hi all, I am building a web site with a few functionalities. I would like to:
using perl to build a web-site
1. register users with names, addresses, phone numbers, billing info and a few other fields,
2. be able to authenticate these users,
3. provide levels of service for them,
4. let them make posting through unsophisticated forms,
5. bill them recurrently using credit cards and/or PayPal
I am wondering if people who've built similar sites have opinions about the various modules available for that. In particular I am considering using Catalyst, or User::Simple, or any other module/module combination that will provide my functionalities. Thanks!
Pros and cons of using a CMS are also of interest, especially regarding the flexibility of using perl and a CMS.