Jun 16, 2000, 3:04 AM
Post #2 of 4
A couple of questions you might want to think about :
1. are you using file locking to prevent the file from being corrupted if two people sign up at the same time ?
2. are you making sure people can't input data that might corrupt the text file (e.g. with newlines) ?
3. is your text file located outside the web root of your server, or at least not readable from the web ?
4. do you take regular back-ups of your text file ?
5. do you have an administration tool for managing your user accounts, and is it secure ?
6. do you store credit card information, and if so, did you follow the rules of your merchant account (if any) in terms of security, encryption etc. ?
7. do other people have access to your server, and if so, what have you done to protect the privacy of your users ?
And some other considerations, depending on what this is used for : should people only be able to register from your site, how do you prevent double entries (accidental or not), etc.