Oct 20, 2000, 12:02 PM
Post #2 of 4
So Sorry For Finding that message so late Mate,
I've been really busy lately. Geting our site to run on win 98 for demos.
Well, Ive installed pws, dcom, and perl on two machines with complete success. So I think well get you going this time.
Step By Step Follow these,
A Plus If You have front page 2000, do you have it?
Also completely unistall PWS, and PERL!!!
1. Install Pws, Latest version. If you don't have the latest version I'll get it to you. One version that works great is on the windows 98 second edition cd. It in the add ons folder in the pws folder then click setup.
2. Now Install The DCOM Module, Yes Again.
3. Install The MSI Installer If You Don't Have The Latest Version Already.
4. Then Restart.
5. Install Perl Then Restart
6. Go to Start Menu, Run, then type "regedit" Then Go to the Script Map folder located in
Add the string value .pl then .cgi. Right Click on them then click modify.
C:\Perl\bin\Perl.exe %s %s
For both of them.
8. Go to your explorer menu add cgi-bin in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\
Then double click on the PWS Icon, then go to the advanced options, then add a directory. Browse till you find the C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\cgi-bin
Make sure you allow it to execute.
9. Now Restart and add a cgi file in the cgi-bin and run it from you browser,
Good Luck Email me if it goes well, or actually just tell me what happends.
Thanks Gotta Go Now.