Dec 11, 2000, 10:15 PM
Post #1 of 1
Once again over the course of 48 hours, we have upgraded our forums. Forums and new users added during our brief stint with vBulletin unfortunately are lost. If you have registered as a user during this period, we extend our humblest apologies and respectfully ask you to re-register.
Forums upgraded (again)!
However, this new forum offers many, many new features that outweigh any possible inconvenience this may have caused. To wit:
and more. Please forward feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This forum is fast. Using Perl and a MySQL database, this forum is one of the speediest around.
- You can now attach files (source code in .txt format) to your posts.
- You can now send private messages to other users that allow them
- You can now see who's online based on their recent visits
- You have more options in your profile
- You will be able to subscribe to specific forums to receive only the newest topics and replies for any given day.
- Spell checking, which will come in very useful for those late night posts (not recommended when source code is included)
- You can close or open your own thread.
- If you edit your own post, you can choose to have the post marked as edited or not
- It's a more attractive and intuitive interface, isn't it? :)
- You can initiate a poll with your post
Many, many, many, sincere thanks goes to Rick at WWWThreads for working on the UBB upgrade for this forum in record time!