Jan 29, 2001, 10:19 AM
Post #1 of 4
Added character when invoking PUSH
I am running into a problem. I open a flatfile pipe delimited database. In a while (FILE) construct I'm CHOMP $_; in order to get rid of the carriage ruturn and then place the whole line contents into an array called @contents. This part is working ok.
After all that I PUSH the first line off the @contents array into another array called @fields. At this point however, the problem surfaces...there is a extra character at the end of the line (the last field name). I tried CHOMPing the @fields but that changed the data into '0'.